Written by Alexis Wells
The top question surrounding the Stranger Things fandom is:”Was season 1 better than season 2?” Season 2 expanded far beyond the content of season 1. In season 2 we are introduced to new characters and although not all of our questions were answered,some of them were.
On one storyline the season follows Eleven and we get to see her development as well as her personality change.El escaped from the Upside Down.Since her escape she was determined to see Mike again but Hopper would not let her his reason being: “Risks are stupid and we aren’t stupid.” El was also searching for her home which leads to an entire episode of her finding her long lost “sister.” Her path to home is definitely not what I expected.
Throughout season 2 it is quite obvious that most of the boys are continuing on with their lives and have seem to forgotten about the Upside Down by distracting themselves with video games and the new girl “Mad Max.” Will,however is still haunted by his memories of being stuck in the Upside Down. He begins to have treatment as a person with PTSD.
As the fans requested,there was finally justice for Barb.Well…sort of. The writers did not forget about her.Nancy feels partly responsible for Barb’s death which leads her on a guilt investigative path.
One person I wish I could have seen more of in season 2 is Mike. When we saw him most,he was attached to Will’s side being a great friend.He is far from playing the central role he had in season 1. There were definitely some memorable moments for him as well as emotional which could be clearly seen in the scenes where he was missing Eleven and reminiscing on the times they had.
I really loved Noah Schnapp (Will Byers) in this new season. He did not get much screen time last season seeing as he was in the Upside Down for 98% of the time. Noah makes up for his lack of screen time with agonizing,believable performances.All the actors on this show are amazing but Noah’s really stood out to me this season.
Overall I really liked this season, but not as much as season 1.
Season 1 left us with questions. Season 2 answered some. Season 2 ended. Now we have even more questions piled on.
- Are Hopper and Dustin “Infected”? When Hopper went into the tunnels under the pumpkin fields, he got sprayed by that nasty looking stuff which he breathed in. After he inhaled it Hopper was taken to the lab where he coughed up that goo. Dustin also inhaled it in the last episode if season 2.
- Will we see “Eight” again?When we first saw Kali(eight) no one had any idea who she was or why she was there. Her power(the ability to cast illusions) was pretty cool. It’s uncertain whether or not we will see her again. I hope to see her return along with the other 9 lab test children.
- Is the shadow monster still around? After eleven banished the shadow monster to the upside down and closed the gate while doing so,it seemed like the monster was out of everyone in Hawkins lives forever. But in the final scene of the season the shadow monster is very clearly lurking above the upside down version of Hawkins Middle School.
- Is Dr.Brenner still alive? Aka “Papa” was attacked by the Demogorgon in the last episode of season 1 and he hasn’t been seen since. If he is alive-what is he planning?
Written by Rhiannon Belcher
Well, we all know that Spring is finally here! This also means spring break and sun! But I must ask, have you ever really thought about things to eat during spring? Well quit wondering, because now I am going to answer that very very hard question! Sit back, relax, and enjoy this electronic device killing your brains cells. Continue reading Spring Snacks
Written by Kayla Earley
- The spring equinox meant the first day of spring has arrived. It also means on the day of the spring equinox, you could make an egg sit upright. It’s all because of science. The earth is tilted just so in a way to make the world balanced.
- The weather during March can often be crazy, going from eighty degrees to freezing within the span of a week, but there are some days where you can go outside and play with chalk or ride a bike.
- Theatre Day is on March 27.
- Spring colors are appearing everywhere. Those pastel pinks, blues, and yellows are coming back in style. Flower print and bright tones are the perfect type of outfits to wear even through the rainy days.
- No matter where you go there is a pretty good chance you will see flowers blooming nearby. Nothing says March like growing flowers.
- The thing March is most famous for is St. Patrick’s Day. Better wear green or you might just get pinched. You could just put a little clover behind your ear.
- Little animals are being born. Cows, wolves, and horses often produce offspring during this time of year.
- The live version of Beauty and the Beast came out on March 17. The classic love story full of life lessons makes a grab for the hearts of all ages.
- On just about every child’s calendar the picture for March is a kite. The nice breeze that often passes through is perfect for kite flying.
- A classic dessert also gets celebrated this month all because of the number pi. Pi Day is on March 14.
Written by Hayleigh Clark
So the majority reading this probably do not have have any arrangements for spring break and that is why you are on here. Don’t worry fam I got you! Continue reading 5 Things to do When You Have no Spring Break Plans.
By Madeline Conger
Everyone knows amazon sell a variety of products on its website. You can buy appliances, furniture, clothes, games, electronics, well basically anything. Not only does amazon sell great useful generic items but it also sells some, very interesting products as well. Let’s take a look at some of Amazon’s weirdest products available for
purchase. Continue reading Amazon’s Weirdest Products.
Written by Georgia Miller
Patrick was a part of the Second Virginia Convention that took place March 20, 1775 (he didn’t give his whole speech or rant, whatever you want to call it, until three days later). This Convention was meeting at what is now a church, St. John’s Church, instead of the normal place, the capitol Williamsburg. Continue reading “Give me liberty, or give me death”
Written by Hannah Elliott
Ever since their triple platinum album, Blurryface, alternative band Twenty One Pilots has become the new, cool thing.
First things first, you need to know who these guys are. The band is composed of two members, Tyler Joseph and Josh Dun. Tyler Joseph is the front man / main vocalist of the group, as well as Josh’s best friend. He also plays the ukulele and the piano. Josh Dun is the drummer of the group, and Tyler’s best friend. Basically nothing else matters except for the fact that they are best friends. Continue reading twenty one pilots Rundown
Written by Brittlyn Jackson
HAPPY NATIONAL PUPPY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
What is National Puppy Day? This day is the one day throughout the year that is dedicated to our beautiful puppies. Puppies or any dogs in general need love and attention and this day is their special day. This day is the day to celebrate the joy that puppies bring us. Continue reading National Puppy Day 3/23
Written by Jessica Stuckey
On March 3, Hugh Jackman’s last Wolverine movie was released. Logan is the final Wolverine movie, and it was surely a great way to go out.
Contrary to most modern superhero movies, Logan is the first R-rated Wolverine movie, taking its place next to Deadpool. The movie has intense, graphic action sequences that show Wolverine’s power in its full glory. The movie isn’t afraid to show the dark side of things either. It shows the toll Logan’s age and powers are taking on him. He’s graying, weak, and isolated, and it’s almost relatable. Unlike other superheroes, Logan doesn’t take a hit and get right back up. It has an impact and it slowly wears on him over time. Continue reading Logan Review
Written by McKenzie Fretwell
As spring break approaches, students start to slack on school work. The warm air and the feeling of being free of homework and essays is too good to be true. Who wants to be stuck at school learning polynomials when you could be gettiing your tan on at the beach? This theoredthical illness is a killer to your GPA. Continue reading Spring Break Fever