Written by Rhiannon Belcher
Well, we all know that Spring is finally here! This also means spring break and sun! But I must ask, have you ever really thought about things to eat during spring? Well quit wondering, because now I am going to answer that very very hard question! Sit back, relax, and enjoy this electronic device killing your brains cells.
Here are 5 super cute spring snacks:
1. Corn Dog Butterfly:
I thought this was the most adorable thing ever. Butterflies are so beautiful in the spring and it makes you think of all things creative! I will guarantee if you LOVE corn dogs, you will LOVE this adorable corn dog butterfly.
- corn dogs
- 4 Doritos or other triangle shaped chips per butterfly
- 2 chow mein noodles per butterfly
- black food coloring marker (or use ketchup or mustard)
2. Fruit Pin wheel
Looking for a more a healthier alternative? Try this cute and healthy fruit pinwheel! All you need is a pin wheel and a bunch of fruit. Not only is it healthy but it is delicious to eat. (You can always make your own pinwheel for a little more creative spring time fun)
3. Baby Carrots in a pot
You can NEVER go wrong with carrots! Try making this delicious carrot pot thingy! It is simple that (no matter how bad of a cook you are) you can’t mess this up!
- Baby carrots, preferably the thick kind
- Curly parsley
- Terra cotta pots
- Hummus/ranch or any dip you like
4. Pretzel Snakes!!
I thought this idea was perfect for Spring. All you need is some pretzels, cover them with Candy melts (but you can use whatever you want) and cut up fruit roll ups. Even though it may be simple, it is super adorable.
- 10 pretzel rods
- 10 ounces yellow-green Candy Melts (confectionery coating wafers)*
- 1 red Fruit Roll-Ups
- 4 green/blue Fruit Roll-Ups
- 20 – 3/8 inch round yellow candy eyes
- tall glass
- spatula or spoon
- parchment paper lined baking sheet
- pizza cutter or kitchen scissors
- optional, a small “Y” alphabet cookie cutter
5. Flower Pot!
You can’t have spring without flowers! Try creating this flower muffin. Put your own little twist on it or make it how is. With or without, this muffin is adorable.
- 12 chocolate mini muffins
- 12 small suckers (dum-dum sized)
- 18 standard size marshmallows
- 3 microwave save bowls
- 1/4 cup white chocolate
- 1 pair scissors
- 1/2 cup chocolate chops
- 1/2 cup chocolate graham crackers (or chocolate Teddy Grahams)
A special thanks to: (for making this possible)