Written by Chloe Brown
Christmas is coming which means so does the movies! Every year, ABC Family, which is now Freeform, puts on a countdown to Christmas which is full of some of the best Christmas movies. It lasts throughout the month of December up until Christmas.
December 1st- The Santa Clause– Divorced dad Scott has custody of his son on Christmas Eve. After he accidentally kills a man in a Santa suit, they are magically transported to the North Pole, where an elf explains that Scott must take Santa’s place before the next Christmas arrives. Scott thinks he’s dreaming, but over the next several months he gains weight and grows an inexplicably white beard. Maybe that night at the North Pole wasn’t a dream after all — and maybe Scott has a lot of work to do
- December 2nd- The Polar Express- An inspiring adventure based on the beloved children’s book by Chris Van Allsburg. When a doubting young boy takes an extraordinary train ride to the North Pole, he embarks on a journey of self-discovery that shows him that the wonder of life never fades for those who believe.
- December 3rd- Arthur Christmas– Everyone knows that, each Christmas, Santa Claus delivers presents to every last child on Earth. What everyone doesn’t know is that Santa accomplishes the feat with a very high-tech operation beneath the North Pole. But when the unthinkable happens, and Santa misses one child out of hundreds of millions, someone has to save the day. It’s up to Arthur, Santa’s youngest son, to deliver a present to the forgotten tyke before Christmas morning dawns.
- December 4th- Elf- Buddy was accidentally transported to the North Pole as a toddler and raised to adulthood among Santa’s elves. Unable to shake the feeling that he doesn’t fit in, the adult Buddy travels to New York, in full elf uniform, in search of his real father. As it happens, this is Walter Hobbs, a cynical businessman. After a DNA test proves this, Walter reluctantly attempts to start a relationship with the childlike Buddy with increasingly chaotic results.
- December 5th- National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation- As the holidays approach, Clark Griswold wants to have a perfect family Christmas, so he pesters his wife, Ellen , and children, as he tries to make sure everything is in line, including the tree and house decorations. However, things go awry quickly. His hick cousin, Eddie, and his family show up unplanned and start living in their camper on the Griswold property. Even worse, Clark’s employers renege on the holiday bonus he needs.
- December 6th- The Polar Express
- December 7th- The Santa Clause
- December 8th- Elf
- December 9th- Santa Paws 2: The Santa Pups- Mischievous puppies stow away on Mrs. Claus’ sleigh to visit the children of Pineville, then must help save Christmas from disappearing.
- December 10th- Pixar Toy Story Marathon
- December 11th- Pixar Toy Story Marathon
- December 12th- The Polar Express
- December 13th- National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
- December 14th- Arthur Christmas
- December 15th- The Santa Clause
- December 16th- National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
- December 17th- Disney Frozen- When their kingdom becomes trapped in perpetual winter, fearless Anna joins forces with mountaineer Kristoff and his reindeer sidekick to find Anna’s sister, Snow Queen Elsa, and break her icy spell. Although their epic journey leads them to encounters with mystical trolls, a comedic snowman, harsh conditions, and magic at every turn, Anna and Kristoff bravely push onward in a race to save their kingdom from winter’s cold grip.
- December 18th- The Santa Clause and Frozen
- December 19th- Elf
- December 20th- Santa Claus Is Comin’ To Town- Santa Claus Is Comin’ to Town is a 1970 Christmas stop motion animated television special produced by Rankin/Bass Productions. The film stars Fred Astaire as the narrator S.D.
- December 21st- The Santa Clause and Elf
- December 22nd- Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas- The film follows the misadventures of Jack Skellington, Halloweentown’s beloved pumpkin king, who has become bored with the same annual routine of frightening people in the “real world.” When Jack accidentally stumbles on Christmastown, all bright colors and warm spirits, he gets a new lease on life — he plots to bring Christmas under his control by kidnapping Santa Claus and taking over the role. But Jack soon discovers even the best-laid plans of mice and skeleton men can go seriously awry.
- December 23rd- Disney’s A Christmas Carol- Though London awaits the joyful arrival of Christmas, miserly Ebenezer Scrooge thinks it’s all humbug, berating his faithful clerk and cheerful nephew for their view. Later, Scrooge encounters the ghost of his late business partner, who warns that three spirits will visit him this night. The ghosts take Scrooge on a journey through his past, present and future in the hope of transforming his bitterness.
- December 24th- Elf and National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
- December 25th- Christmas Favorites
I told you this countdown is made of some of the best Christmas movies!!